The Architectural Testing Difference
Being the most respected name in building envelope testing is a distinction you earn. It’s what makes Architectural Testing different.
And we bring you all the advantages of that distinction.
Because at the end of our day, it’s all about you!
The "Yes, we can" Advantage
- Any Place - A sizeable fleet of customized field test vehicles and multiple locations to provide testing services anywhere.
- Any Time - Quick turnaround and responsiveness to meet your needs.
- Any Person - Employees with advanced certifications, meaningful experience, and company loyalty.
- Any Need - The technology and experience to do the nuance and custom testing you need.
Technology and Equipment
Architectural Testing is committed to serving as your single test source. To deliver on that commitment, we:
- Design and build all test equipment for our own use.
- Run our own machine shop.
- Design our own software.
- Design and construct research and testing facilities for many of our clients.
- Maintain an experienced staff of machinists, ironworkers, cabinetmakers, and carpenters to make it all happen quickly and accurately.
Innovations and Insights
We have or can design testing to measure quality performance under any conditions. We’ve introduced the industry to:
- The first thermal test facility dedicated exclusively to testing windows, doors, and other fenestration for condensation and heat transfer.
- The first “plastic” structural test wall for testing residential products.
- An advanced accelerated weathering environmental chamber to research effects on fenestration products.
- The largest test wall to accommodate any and all curtain wall mock-ups.
- The first 7 ft. by 7 ft. solar calorimeter to measure heat gain required by building codes.
- Many more…
We have been a key supporter of the industry by:
- Completing research and testing for AAMA, ASTM, ANSI, NAGDM, WDMA, ITCC, SGCC, IFAI and the Canadian WDMA to develop new thermal performance test procedures.
- Participating in the cooperative efforts of the U.S. Department of Energy and the National Research Council of Canada to coordinate thermal testing research.
- Conducting weather exposure tests of windows for VWDI and providing valuable information to the NFRC’s program.
- Maintaining a staff with professional engineering licenses from 11 states, a distinction that allows us to advise clients such as Dade County, FL, and the states of North Carolina, South Carolina, and Texas—areas with requirements that exceed code minimums.
- Leading and participating in ground-breaking research associated with the American Architectural Manufacturers Association Research Foundation such as Heat Build-Up effects on Vinyl Windows and examining the properties of plastic and composite guardrail and decking materials.
Contact Us to learn what the Architectural Testing Difference can do for you.